Faculty Industry Advisory Board Member
As an experienced Company Director and Chief Executive I am widely involved in Australia’s commercial engagement around the world at a policy and service delivery level. My broad experience includes living and working in London, Jakarta, Singapore as well as Sydney and Canberra. As an Adjunct Professor of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Fellow of CPA Australia I am a professionally qualified company director with extensive financial and management expertise.
As a company director of government and private businesses, I have been a board member of:
- Australian Trade Commission with its international network and grant programs
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation funding major international projects
- Australian Hearing Services as a major health provider network in Australia
- Cooperative Research Centre for implants and hearing aids
- Joint venture with the Danish multinational Bernafon (Chairman)
- Reckitt and Colman subsidiaries across Asia.
My executive roles include:
- Chief Executive, Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) from 2002 to 2010.
- Chief Executive, Australian Hearing Service which incorporates the National Acoustics Laboratory, 1998 to 2002
- Regional Director, Reckitt and Colman Asia (responsible for operations in North and East Asia), 1995 to 1997
- Chief Executive, Reckitt and Colman Pharmaceuticals Australia, 1990 to 1995
- Global Strategy Director, Reckitt and Colman PLC.
A wide range of policy experience compliments my commercial record. My roles have included:
- Australia’s Trade Policy Advisory Committee
- Asian Trade Promotion Forum
- Australian International Cultural Council
- Council of Australia Arab Relations
- Council of Australia Latin America Relations
- President of Proprietary Medicine Manufacturers of Australia (now called the Australian Self Medication Industry)
- Director, World Federation Proprietary Medicine Manufacturers
- Director, Grocery Manufacturers of Australia.