Business as Usual: Mobility and Working Anywhere
Macquarie Thought Leadership | Vivid Ideas Exchange
The way we work has changed.
Agile working, mobile working, telework, distributed workforces and co-working centres have shifted workplace culture to be more mobile, adaptable and flexible.
In this thought provoking event, we found out how to harness new technologies and management strategies to improve your corporate plans.
- Gain a competitive advantage in the corporate and broader business world.
- Develop new processes around flexible and mobile working.
- Hear from leaders taking advantage of new approaches to work.
The Macquarie University Thought Leadership Series addresses financial, economic and political challenges, creates a community of thought leaders who engage in intellectual debate around leadership and share Macquarie's knowledge through collaborating with industry experts. This innovative series by the Faculty of Business and Economics provides cutting edge thinking and ground-breaking ideas.
Lino Caccavo has both deep and broad experience in real estate through a career spanning more than 20 years in a range of management and development disciplines. With a passion for strategy, stakeholder engagement and effective execution, Lino's work with AMP Capital is focused upon the development, redevelopment and repositioning of retail, office and industrial property projects on behalf of AMP Capital's investors.
Drawing on the benefit of his real estate experience, Lino is guiding research being undertaken by AMP Capital Office and Industrial on the changing relationships between property, technology, productivity, culture and the nature of work itself. AMP Capital's view is that the next decade could bring the biggest changes ever seen to the way we work – the office sector's equivalent of the impact on retailing of e-commerce on online shopping. Lino's research is devoted to securing a deeper insight into the implications those changes may bring to the workplace for the owners, occupiers and users of commercial office buildings.
With an ambition to deliver outstanding investment outcomes for its clients, AMP Capital Office & Industrial is one of the largest in-house asset, property and development management teams in the industry. With a portfolio that includes some of the country's most recognisable buildings, the AMP Capital Office & Industrial team brings specialist skills and 50 years of extensive experience to bear in the management of approximately 1.1 million square metres of commercial office and industrial real estate across 89 assets in Australia and New Zealand.
Troy Roderick is the Head of Diversity & Inclusion at Telstra, with reach into customer, community and HR practice.
Troy has previously held a range of senior roles in organisations, across a variety of industry sectors.
- Member of the Diversity Council of Australia Research Committee
- Executive Committee of the NSW EEO Practitioners' Association
- Trustee of the Committee for Economic Development of Australia
- Member of the global Expert Community of Catalyst's Research Centre for Corporate Practice.
- 2010 Catalyst Award for Gender Diversity,
- 2011 Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity Strategy,
- 2012 Australian HR Institute Awards for:
- Gender Equity (Winner),
- HR Champion (Winner),
- Disability Employment (Finalist)
- 2013 Australian HR Institute Award for LGBTI Inclusion (Finalist).
Coordinator, Australian Anywhere Working Research Network