- Title: Doctor
- Lecturer - Department of Marketing and Management
- Research Assistant - Department of Marketing and Management
Areas of Expertise
- Coordinating and conveying marketing courses of UG and PG levels
- Marketing Research
Dr. Jie Meng is an early career researcher and experienced educator with a PhD in Marketing from the University of New South Wales and a proven track record in marketing teaching, research and publications.
She conducts critical research on the efficiency and effectiveness of the retail pharmacy systems in China, and advances the theory of marketing systems with respect to health subsystem.
Dr Jie Meng is widely involved in an array of research projects, with topics covering:
- B2B marketing,
- macro/sustainable marketing,
- service marketing, and
- cultural diversity research.
Dr Jie Meng publishes research papers in international and domestic marketing conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Bachelor of Engineering: (Fuzhou University)
- Master of Management: (Tianjin University of Commerce)
- PhD of Marketing: (UNSW)
- PhD candidature in Marketing: (Renmin University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Federation University)
- Organisational strategies in a fast-shifting environment;
- Interplaying efficiency and effectiveness in a multi-level framework;
- Strategic and entrepreneurial focuses of public sector (particularly health sector);
- Dual strategies of Guanxi-orientation and market-orientation in Chinese companies;
- Dynamic B2B relations and simulation-based modelling;
- Co-opetition/competition and cooperation in the channel system structure;
- Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS) and Agent-based Modelling (ABM)
- Heng Lian, Taeryon Choi, Jie Meng, Seongil Jo. (2016). Posterior Convergence for Bayesian Functional Linear Regression. Journal of Multivariate Analysis (ABDC-A, accepted)
- Jie Meng, Roger Layton, Yimin Huang, Why do some consumers shop in this pharmacy for health-products? A cross-check of vulnerable characteristics and store types, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (ABDC-A, accepted)
- Heng Lian, Jie Meng, Zengyan Fan, Simultaneous estimation of linear conditional quantiles with penalized splines, Journal of Multivariate Analysis. Vol:141, pp. 1-21, 2015. (ABDC-A)
- Heng Lian, Jie Meng, Kaifeng Zhao, Spline estimator for simultaneous variable selection and constant coefficient identification in high-dimensional generalized varying-coefficient models, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol: 141, pp. 81-103, 2015. (ABDC-A)
- Jie Meng and Roger Layton, Understand manager's marketing strategy choice in a collaborated competition industry: linking context awareness with general strategy, European Business Review. Vol. 23 Iss: 5, pp.477-501, 2011. (ABDC-B)
- Jie Meng, Sustainability: A framework of typology based on efficiency and effectiveness, Journal of Macromarketing. Vol. 35, Iss:1, pp. 84-98, 2015.(ABDC-A)
- Peng Lai, Jie Meng, and Heng Lian, Polynomial spline approach for variable selection and estimation in varying coefficient models for time series data, Statistics and Probability Letters. Vol. 96 (Jan), pp. 21-27,2015.(ABDC-B)
- Xiaowei Huang, Qingliang Chen, Jie Meng and Kaile Su, Reconfigurability in Reactive Multiagent Systems, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), New York, USA, 2016.
- Jie Meng, Laypeng Tan, Roger Layton, Hume Winzar, Multi-level patterns of efficiency and effectiveness of a marketing system, 41st Macromarketing Conference, Dublin, Ireland, 2016.
- Jie Meng, Hume Winzar, Assortment, location and price differentiation and impacts on macro patterns of efficiency and effectiveness: an experiment through agent-based models, New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), Sydney, Australia, 2015.
- Jie Meng, Efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainable marketing: a literature review, New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), Brisbane, 2014.
- Jie Meng, Vulnerable consumers and the retail pharmacy selection process, New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), Perth, Australia, 2011.
- Jie Meng, Is pharmacy's role approaching convergent or diversified: an overall examination of marketing efficiency and effectiveness by assortments analysis in urban China, Academy of Marketing Conference (AMC), Coventry, UK, 2010.
- Jie Meng, Unmasking urban Chinese consumers' assortment and pharmacy choices, China and India Consumer Insight (CICI), Tsinghua University & Yale School of Management, Beijing, China, 2010.
- Roger Layton, Zhirong Duan, Jie Meng, The contemporary research in marketing systems, International Symposium of Marketing Sciences (ISMM), Tianjin, China, 2009.
- Jie Meng, An empirical examination for the collaboration and competition in pharmacy marketing system: linking survey data with agent-based modelling, Collaborative Agents-Research and Development (CARE), Australasian Joint Conference of Artificial Intelligence (AI'09), Melbourne, 2009.
- Zhirong Duan, Jie Meng, Should variety-seeking be encouraged to promote less popular destinations? Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2009, Melbourne, Australia.
- Jie Meng, The embedded structure and emergent patterns of marketing system: an interpretation of empirical-based agent-based modelling, Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2008, Sydney, Australia.
- Jie Meng, An overview of marketing system's performance: efficiency and effectiveness, Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2008, Sydney, Australia.
- Member of: Academy of Marketing, United Kingdom
- Member of: Complex System Research Network (COSNet), Australia
- Member of: Marketing Research Centre of China (MRCC), China
- Member of: Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Community (ANZMAC)
- Member of: Marketing Association of Australia and New Zealand (MAANZ)
- Member of: Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS)
- Member of: Korean Academy of Marketing Sciences (KAMS), South Korea
- Member of: Centre of Health Economics Research and Evaluation (CHERE), University of Technology, Sydney Australia
- Member of: China Research Centre (CRC), University of Technology, Sydney Australia
Affiliations / activities
Cultural Diversity Research Network (CDRN),Department of Marketing and Management, Faculty of Business and Economics,Macquarie University