- Title: Doctor
- Position: Senior Lecturer - Department of Economics
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Economics, Diploma of Education, La Trobe University; Master of Economics (Honours), University of Sydney; Doctor of Philosophy, Macquarie University, Sydney.
Areas of Expertise
Labour market economics
Michael Dobbie has degrees from Latrobe University, Sydney University and Macquarie University. His PhD, awarded by Macquarie University in 2004, was entitled "Insiders and Outsiders: Wage Setting Institutions and the Persistence of Unemployment in Australia".
Michael was previously employed as an Economic Research and Corporate Planning Officer for the Melbourne City Council, and as a tutor in economics at Sydney University.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Economics (Macquarie University)
- Master of Economics (Honours): Economics (University of Sydney)
- Bachelor of Economics: Economics (La Trobe University)
- Diploma of Education: (La Trobe University)
- "Peer-Assisted Learning in Accounting: A Qualitative Assessment", Asian Social Science, Volume 4, No 2, 2008, pp18-25. (with Sadhbh Joyce.
- "Insider Power, Outsider Ineffectiveness and Wage Setting Institutions: Evidence from Australia", Australian Bulletin of Labour, Volume 32, Issue 4, 2006, pp421-449.
- "Insider Power, Outsider Ineffectiveness and Product Market Competition: Evidence from Australia", Review of Applied Economics, Volume 2, Number 1 2006.
- "The Insider-Outsider Theory: Some Evidence from Australia", Australian Journal of Labour Economics, Volume 8, Number 2, June 2005.
- Member of: Economic Society of Australia, Sydney Australia
- Principal Supervisor of Peter Davey - "An analysis of government pharmaceutical pricing policies to determine their value for use in Australia".