- Title: Mr
- Position: Adjunct Teaching Staff - Business and Economics Graduate Centre
- Unit Name:
AFIN840: Personal Financial Planning
- Qualifications: MCom, Dip FP, CFP, CPA(FPS), CTA
- Ph: (61-2) 9850 8526
- Email Nidal Danoun
- Fax: (+61-2) 9850-9956
Nidal Danoun is a lecturer at Macquarie University in the areas of Financial Planning, Finance, Accounting and Tax. He is also a regular presenter at various seminars in the areas of financial services and financial planning.
Nidal Danoun is the Principal Director of Prosperity Financial Services Pty Ltd, an accounting consultancy practice he founded in 2002. The major focus of his firm is to provide advice to organisations, businesses and professionals in the areas of business structures, financial services compliance and practice management. He is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a CPA Financial Planning Specialist (FPS).
Nidal holds a master of Commerce in Accounting and Finance, and a Diploma in Financial Planning. Nidal has had over 18 years experience in the financial service industry.
Nidal has completed several research study assignments abroad including in the USA with the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE Euronext), the Federal Reserve Bank and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
As an active member of the profession, Nidal is a regular presenter and moderator at various investment, superannuation and financial planning seminars. He is also an adjunct lecturer at Macquarie University in the areas of financial planning, accounting and tax.
Serving as a subject matter expert in the areas of tax and financial planning, Nidal has contributed to several finance and financial planning curriculum including the CFP program. He has also chaired and served on the board of several professional education committees with the Tax Institute, the FPA and CPA.
- CPA Program, CPA Financial Planning Specialist (FPS) & CPA Public Practice Certificate: (Deakin University)
- Master of Commerce: Business (Macquarie University)
- Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting & Finance (Macquarie University)
- Diploma in Financial Planning & CFP Program: (Deakin University)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) of: Financial Planing Association, Australia
- Certified Practising Accountant of: CPA Australia, Australia
- Fellow Member (FITA) of: Taxation Institute of Australia, Australia
- Member of: CFA Institute, Australia
- Member of: SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia (SPAA), Australia
- Chartered Tax Adviser of: The Tax Institute, Australia