- Title: Professor
- Position: Emeritus Professor - Faculty of Business and Economics
- Qualifications: BCom (Hons) NSW, MCom (Hons) NSW, FCA, FCPA
Peter Eddey is an Emeritus Professor in the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University. He is an honours graduate from the University of New South Wales with over 40 years of academic experience. Peter is a Fellow of both Chartered Accountants ANZ and CPA Australia.
Peter's teaching and research interests are principally in the field of financial and corporate accounting with publications in national and international journals together with textbook authorship.
Peter was the Director of Graduate Studies and developed several new postgraduate degree courses for the Faculty.
Peter has been a consultant to public accounting firms, corporations and government bodies.
Since retirement from Macquarie, Peter has remained active as a consultant in the higher education sector.
- Language Proficiency and Academic Achievement in Postgraduate Business Degrees, International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives, Vol. 10, No. 1, November 2011, pp. 34-46 (with Chris Baumann).
- Graduate Business Education: Profiling Successful Students and its Relevance for Marketing and Recruitment Policy, Journal of Education for Business, 2009, January/February, pp 160-167 (with Chris Baumann).
- Accounting for Corporate Combinations and Associations, Sydney: Prentice-Hall/Pearson Education, fifth edition, 2001, pp ix-622 (with Jeff Knapp and Neal Arthur).
- The Management of Earnings to Support Directors' Recommendations on Takeover Bids, Abacus, Vol. 35, No. 1,1999, pp. 29-45 (with Stephen Taylor).
- The Relevance of Asset Revaluations Over An Economic Cycle, Australian Accounting Review, May 1997, pp. 22-30 (with Peter Easton).
- What Motivates Going Private?: An Analysis of Australian Firms, Accounting and Finance, May 1996, pp. 31-50 (with Stephen Taylor and Kin Wai Lee).
- An Investigation of Revaluations of Tangible Long-Lived Assets, Journal of Accounting Research, Supplement 1993, pp. 1-37 (with Peter Easton and Trevor Harris).
- Independent Expert's Reports in Takeover Bids, Accounting and Finance, May 1993, pp. 1-18.
- Corporate Raiders and Takeover Targets, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, Volume 18, No.2, January 1991, pp 151-171.
- Directors' Recommendations in Response to Takeover Bids: Do They Act In Their Own Interests?, Australian Journal of Management, June 1989, pp 1-28 (with Roger Casey).
- Defensive Strategies of Listed Companies Under the Takeover Code, Australian Journal of Management, December 1986, pp. 153-172 (with Roger Casey).
- A Capital Maintenance Approach to Income Determination, Issues in Accounting Education, Spring 1986, pp. 112-122 (with Robert Coombes).
- Accounting for Interests in Joint Arrangements, Discussion Paper No. 9, Australian Accounting Research Foundation, December 1985, pp. 1-78.
- Accounting Policies for Exchange Gains and Losses on Long-Term Monetary Items, Accounting and Finance, November 1985, pp. 19-40.
- Accounting for Investments in Unincorporated Joint Ventures, Accounting and Finance, May 1980, pp. 1-20 (with Graham Sullivan).