Faculty Commencement Program
The Faculty of Business and Economics Commencement Program has four components:
- a series of workshops and training sessions designed to provide new and continuing HDR students, as well as supervisors, with relevant research skills and information
- Information about courses (units) which may be taken by PhD candidates
- The Academic Writing Specialist (AWS) team aims to help FBE researchers communicate with clarity, professionalism and grace in an academic setting
- as required by your Department.
- after six months of candidature.
Macquarie University Central Commencement Program
- provides an introduction to University-wide resources and requirements for all candidates
- is delivered as a one-day presentation
- delivers essential information about the University-wide resources and services offered by MQ;
- introduces students to the rights and responsibilities of research students as members of the university community
- makes students aware of basic ethical principles of research and generic research skills
- guides students through the procedures of HDR progression and completion
This is a compulsory event for all new HDR students and those continuing students who have neither attended a program in a previous year nor completed the course online.
The Orientation Day for International students is held one day prior to the Central Commencement Program Orientation Day for International students.