Thesis by Publication
Thinking of doing a thesis by publication? There are many benefits of doing so.
- Faculty Thesis by Publication Guidelines
- Download the printable Faculty Thesis by Publication Guidelines (PDF)
- Thesis by Publication Frequently Asked Questions (webpage)
- Six months prior to thesis submission candidates and supervisors will approach potential thesis examiners to obtain their consent to participate in thesis examination.
- Both international and domestic examiners should be chosen.
- Around this time, the candidate and the supervisors will attend a Completion Review.
- The Completion Review will be conducted by the Department HDR Director. The time line for submission will be set and the nomination of thesis examiners will be discussed.
Thesis Examiners NominationThe thesis examiners nomination form (.docx download) must be submitted 3 months prior to submission together with an abstract of the thesis (no more than 300 words).
- Thesis definition, presentation and formatting
- Guidelines for editing research theses
- Check referencing and similarity in Turnitin through the iLearn Community Unit called FBE HDR Turnitin
- Australian standards for editing practice
- Copy Editing
- Printing the thesis for examination- 4 soft bound copies are to be submitted to HDRO with these forms: submission of thesis for examination form (.docx download) and author's consent form (.docx download)
- Candidates are required to arrange printing of the thesis and payment contact MQ Printery
The thesis must be submitted for examination with the submission of thesis for examination form (.docx download) , author's consent form (.docx download) and a copy of the final ethics approval letter (if applicable).
What happens once the thesis is submitted for examination
- Thesis Examination Process
- Download the printable Thesis Examination (PDF)
Once candidates receive examiners comments and have addressed all recommendations in the thesis, they can submit the final version to the University.