Appeals Against Final Grades
Please make sure to read the new grade appeals policy carefully by following the link below:
Please note that:
- The absolute deadline for submission of a Grade Appeal will be 20 working days from the published result date for the relevant unit. Any exceptions to this requirement will require documented exceptional circumstances and approval by the Deputy Registrar.
- Exam script viewing is no longer compulsory but you still need to provide evidence for clerical errors and may wish to view your exam. You can view your exams by booking a time on the designated exam script view days..
There are specified deadlines associated with this process. The deadlines have been established for Session 1 2016. Note that If you do not meet these deadlines the resolution of any grading or unfairness problems will not be finalised prior to the start of the following session.
Although not compulsory, before lodging application(s) for Grade Appeal, students are recommended to make a booking to review their exam script(s).
Script viewing bookings are done online and you will be required to register and choose one of the specified times for the unit that you will want to view the script for. For more information on when you can register, please refer to the link an dates at the end of this section.
After you have completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email to your student email account specifying:
- The time and location of your script viewing session
- Any particular script viewing rules
Note: If you do not receive a confirmation email, it means that your registration was not completed successfully. If this is the case, please ensure that you go through the registration process again to successful completion otherwise you will not be able to view your script(s) during the script viewing period.
- Attend your allocated time slot and review your final or take home exam (if part of your unit assessment) in person or by proxy if you are unable to physically attend the session.
- Please select (S2) for Session 2 units (e.g. ACCG100 (S2) if completed in Session 2).
- Please make sure you select the correct units when making your booking as no alternative booking times will be provided if wrong units have been selected. For example, please be careful when selecting BUS301 and BUSL301 during the booking process.
- If you would like to view the script(s) for supplementary or deferred supplementary exam(s), please ensure to indicate this in your booking request and your request will be viewed on an individual basis and you will be advised in advance if the papers are not available to view on your requested date.
- If you have missed the formal booking deadlines, you can organise an alternative session by directly contacting the Departments that offered those units from 13th February 2017 (Session 1 2017 Week 3).
- Once a student is awarded a supplementary exam, only the supplementary exam can be viewed and the original exam is null and void.
- If you have previously viewed your exam scripts then you cannot view the same script again for the same unit.
- You cannot view exam scripts for units that are "I" or "IS" as the grades for these units have not yet been finalized.
Session 2 2016 (North Ryde Students Only)
To request a time to view your script for Session 2 units, please click here.
- You can book for exam script(s) viewing between 9 am on 15th December 2016 to 5 pm on 3rd January 2017.
- All script viewing for the Faculty of Business and Economics units will be held on the 10th and 11th January 2017.
For all concerns relating to your final grade(s), including both clerical errors and procedural unfairness, students may submit a Grade Appeal application, clearly specifying their reasons and evidences for those relevant grounds.
The application process:
- Go to www.ask.mq.edu.au
- Click on 'Current Students'
- Log onto the student portal using your OneID.
- Refer to the left-hand side of the screen and look under 'Submit', you must select the 'Grade Appeal' option.
- Then you need to follow the necessary prompts in order to submit your application including specifying the ground(s) that you are appealing on and evidences to support them.
Grade Appeal Procedural Irregularities
For students who receive their result of the Grade Appeal and believe there is a procedural irregularity - they can prepare an application which will be forwarded to the Academic Senate where outcomes can take a significantly long time to be released. The required steps are
- Submit a typed and signed letter - specifying your Full Name, Student ID and Contact details along with information regarding your Grade Appeal application(s);
- Attach relevant supporting documents (original/certified copies)
- Submit the appeal to the Grade Appeals Committee by emailing these documents to email@example.com.
If you are seeking further advice with regards to this process, please contact Student Advocacy and Support Services at C8A (Lincoln Building) Level 2.
All correspondence about your Grade Appeal will be via your official Macquarie University Student Email Account.
The Grade Appeal processes take place after the final grades have been released for each teaching period. Please be noted that this timeline only applies to students who have submitted their applications by the deadlines that are stated here.
Session 2 2016
|15 December 2016||Various times||Session 2 Final Results will be emailed and released||MQ student email & eStudent|
|15 December 2016||9:00||Exam Script Viewing bookings open||Faculty website|
|3 January 2017||17:00||Exam Script Viewing bookings close|
|10 - 11 January 2017||Various times||Exam Script Viewing sessions for Undergraduate & Postgraduate students||See online registration form.|
|15 December 2016||N/A||Grade Appeal applications open||ask.mq.edu.au|
|20 January 2017||23:59||Last date to submit Grade Appeal applications for final results released on 15th December 2016|
|24 February 2017||17:00||Deadline for Faculty to respond to clerical issues||MQ student email|