Disruption to Studies
The Disruptions to Studies process is for students who have been affected by serious and unavoidable disruption (for example, illness) to their studies and/or absent to their assessments. It provides an official means for students to receive recognition of the interruption and the University to provide support in such situations.
Student can apply for a variety of reasons, such as illness (either physical or psychological), accident, injury, societal demands (such as jury service), bereavement, family breakdown or unexpected changes in employment situations.
This procedure replaces what was previously known as the Special Consideration policy, and is now in effect for Session 1 2014 onward. Special Consideration is now referred to as the provision of the additional opportunity for a student after Disruption to Studies application is approved.
For further information, please read through the official university policy on Disruption to Studies by clicking here.
To submit an application, please refer to the following steps:
- Go to https://ask.mq.edu.au/
- Select "Current Studies Domestic and International"
- Login with your OneID
- Click on "Disruption to Studies"
- Fill in your relevant details
- Attach supporting document(s) by clicking on "Add an Attachment" to add the document which you have scanned
Please ensure you submit your application(s) within 5 working days of the commencement of the disruption(s).
Emails will be sent to the official Macquarie University student email address regarding outcomes of their Disruptions to Studies application.
- Supplementary exams for Faculty of Business and Economics units in Session 1 2016 will be held from 11th to 15th July 2016.
Note: If you sat the Final Exam and are granted Disruptions to Studies:
- you will have to sit the supplementary exam.
- your performance in the supplementary exam would replace your performance in the Final Exam
- Supporting documentation should be included in the application.
- If Disruptions to Studies is being sought on medical grounds, students must provide a Professional Authorities Form. Medical certificates will NOT be accepted.
Please refer to the following dates for the examination periods and when the timetable will be available. The Supplementary Exam Timetable will be released at 5pm on Thursday the 8th of December 2016. Should you not be able to find your name, unit and/or seat number on the timetable, please contact our student centers in E4B 106 or via phone to 9850 1050.
For frequently asked questions regarding exam related Disruption to Studies, please click here.
Supplementary Exams Timetable
Session 2 2016: 13th to 16th December 2016
Deferred Exams Timetable.
Session 3 2015: When the unit is next offered
Session 1 2016: When the unit is next offered
Hurdle Assessments Timetable
Session 2 2016: 20th to 23rd December 2016 (Timetable will be available here by 5 pm on the 16th December)