Skip to Content


  • Change your degree 
    • Macquarie University offers Undergraduate Students the opportunity to transfer into some degrees internally if you satisfy certain requirements.
  • Change your units 
    • All students can affect a Change of Unit Enrolment via eStudent, but students should check the Macquarie University deadlines carefully when adding and deleting units.
  • Application to enrol in 14+ credit points in a semester (FBE)
    • Permission from your department is required if students wish to attempt more than 14 credit points in a semester
  • Recognition of Prior Learning 
    • Students who have done previous study at a recognised tertiary institution may apply for general credit towards their current Undergraduate degree at 100 and 200 level. New students seek Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as part of the pre-enrolment process.
  • Discontinue your studies for a period of time 
    • All a student needs to do to discontinue their studies is to withdraw from all their units via eStudent. Note: International students must see the international office prior to discontinuing.
    • The appropriate method for applying to resume your studies will depend on your particular circumstances and when you anticipate to resume your studies.
  • Fees and Costs 
  • Withdraw from a unit after Census Date 
    • If you are withdrawing from unit(s) of study before the Census Date you will incur no financial or academic penalties.
  • Apply for disruption to studies (FBE)