The Iconic HR Internship 2015
HR & Recruitment Internship
As the leading #1 Online Fashion Retailer in Australia, with a customer-centric focus, we are defining the future of Fashion Retail in Australia and New Zealand to inspire the icon within every customer. We achieve this through being true to our customers by channelling the latest in technology advancements, partnering with leading Domestic and International Brands and hosting a local customer service team to provide the most personalized and efficient Customer Experience out there.
At THE ICONIC we actively identify the best talent globally and consciously recognize both young, emerging talent along with experienced senior level management, creating a unique working experience of both innovative, go-getter spirit and expert, seasoned specialists. Join us to be part of one great team who dreams big, get things done and are stronger together.
Human Resources Intern (1 position)
Working mainly in the recruitment space and closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager, the successful candidate will be working on the following tasks:
- Curating content in line with THE ICONIC Talent Branding and Social Recruitment Strategy
- Carrying out administration throughout the recruitment process – this will include scheduling interviews with candidates and hiring managers to initial phone interviews and follow up communication
- On the job training in developing Employer Branding strategies, best practice recruitment processes and overview of HR functions
- Processing new-starter packs into HR database and on-boarding related administration.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Studying Human Resources
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to manage multiple priorities to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and open to learning
- Interested in the e-commerce space
- Team-oriented and collaborative attitude
The position will be based at THE ICONIC Sydney Office (Level 2, 84-86 Mary Street, Surry Hills), located a short walk from Central station. The successful candidate will work 2 days per week for 6 weeks (March – June) and will be required to negotiate the working days with the organisation upon commencing the role. The overall length of the placement will be 100 hours.
Commencement date is early March 2015.
Please note that this is an unpaid placement, however will provide valuable work experience. The successful student must enrol in FOBE200 or FOBE300 in Session 1, 2015 and must be able to fit this unit as an elective in their program. See the Student Handbook for details on this unit. The unit will give you academic credit for the placement.
Please note; if you cannot commit to enrolling in either FOBE200 or FOBE300 for Session 1, 2015 then you are unable to be considered for this internship opportunity.
If you are interested please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your career plans and how you meet The Iconic internship criteria. Please also submit your unofficial academic transcript (this can be downloaded from eStudent) as part of your application.
Please send your application with 'THE ICONIC' included in the subject line via email to email@example.com
Applications are due by Friday 5 December 2014.