Leader of the Diversity, Employment and Organisation Pillar, Centre for Workforce Futures and Head of Department - Marketing and Management, Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University
Professor Lucy Taksa has been Head of the Department of Marketing and Management, in the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University since August 2009. Previously she worked at the University of NSW from 1992, where she was Head of the School of Organisation and Management, Director of the UNSW Industrial Relations Research Centre and Associate Dean (Education) in the Faculty of Commerce and Economics.
Between 1996 and 2007 she was a part-time non-judicial member of the Equal Opportunity Division of the NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal and of the Legal Services Division between 2003 and 2007.
From 2007 until December 2012 she was Chair of the Board of State Records NSW.
Professor Taksa has extensive experience in workplace research in Australia. She has published on:
- Diffusion of scientific management from the USA to Australia and its impact on workplace culture in the public sector and on education
- Impact of technological change on gender identity at work
- History of safety committees and industrial nursing
- Diversity Management and intercultural relations at work
She is currently working on a number of projects including:
- a study of the impact of contracting chains and outsourcing on occupational health and safety and security in the aviation industry in Australia
- migrant employee voice
- humour in the workplace
- cultural diversity on Australian corporate boards.