Dili Raj Uperty
- Title: Mr
- Position: PhD Student - Department of Economics
- Principal supervisor: Assoc Prof Sean Turnell
- Associate supervisor: Dr Christopher Heaton
- Thesis title: Stock markets and economic growth: An assessment of the role of primary market
- Abstract: Over the past few decades, a number of studies have sought to investigate the association between stock market development and economic growth. However, whilst these studies have found substantial evidence to support a positive relationship between stock markets and economic growth, a considerable knowledge gap exists in understanding the relationship between ‘primary’ stock issues (initial public offerings, IPOs) and growth. This study attempts to fulfil this gap, and to establish the hypothesis that a positive relationship exists between primary market development and economic growth. And, the study will employ dynamic panel estimators to analyse data across a range of countries.