- Title: Mr
- Position: PhD Student - Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Principal supervisor: Dr Medhat Endrawes
- Associate supervisor: Prof Lorne Cummings
- Thesis title: The impact of size and academic ranking on the level of social and environmental reporting within universities: An Australian context.
- Abstract: The current study extends social and environmental accounting (SEA) literature, by investigating the impact of size and world academic ranking on the level of social and environmental reporting within Australian universities. Universities have social and environmental impacts as evidenced by their teaching, research, operations and ecological footprints. Unexpectedly, SEA academics overlook the university sector, asserting that social and environmental reporting within universities is minimum. Size was extensively examined within business and public sectors, but marginalised within the university sector. The world academic ranking is considered a unique attribute of the university sector, and a novel factor introduced to SEA literature.