- Title: Mr
- Position: PhD Student - Department of Marketing and Management
- Principal supervisor: Prof Scott Koslow
- Associate supervisor: Assoc Prof Lawrence Ang
- Date of submission: 01/01/2000
- Thesis title: A Theoretical Framework for Strategic Communications Planning
- Abstract: Strategy plays an important role in shaping the brand narrative inherent in advertising. How agency strategy planners build communications strategy to shape the appropriateness and originality of creative executions has received little attention in advertising literature. Using grounded theory, this study looks at the praxis of strategy process by individual agency planning practitioners, to build a descriptive framework for developing advertising communications strategy. The aim of the research is to identify the sequence of events that lead to stronger strategic outcomes.