- Title: Mr
- Position: PhD Student - Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Principal supervisor: Dr Savanid Vatanasakdakul
- Associate supervisor: Dr Stephen Smith
- Thesis title: Sustainable Statements: An Investigation of Organisational Green Statements
- Abstract: Green Statements are at the forefront of public institutional communications. Despite this, there have been relatively few studies concerning the content of these statements. This project will undertake a qualitative thematic analysis in order to identify the key themes present within organisational Green Statements. Data will be collected from large organisations with an extensive history of environmental reporting. It is predicted that the results will show strong agreement with previous institutional theory predictions by DiMaggio and Powell. This project will have significant implications for future studies of Green Statements and will greatly contribute to our understanding of environmental reporting practice.