- Title: Miss
- Position: PhD Student - Department of Applied Finance and Actuarial Studies
- Principal supervisor: Dr Meiting Lu
- Associate supervisor: Dr Susan Wright
- Thesis title: Operating Cash Flows Asymmetric Timeliness in Australia
- Abstract: In this study, I will investigate whether the existing explanations of operating cash flows asymmetric timeliness are applicable in Australia, since (1) there is very limited research in operating cash flows asymmetric timeliness, which is all US based and provides inconclusive results; (2) There is no Australian evidence and Australian market provides a unique opportunity compared to US. (3) Operating cash flow transactions are considered to be accurate as reported and not subject to bias or manipulation by management. It will be useful for analysts and investors to understanding operating cash flows asymmetric timeliness to improve forecasting on firm's value.