Experience Univative and develop your skills
From the Archive
News created: 24 Nov 2011
The Univative program was developed by Macquarie University to create a meaningful experience for our students where academic knowledge can be put to the test. The initiative encourages students from different backgrounds and academic disciplines to come together and share their knowledge.
This is achieved by connecting students with project sponsoring organisations, where groups develop real-life solutions to meet the various organisation's needs.
Univative also promotes industry engagement and community contribution, and is a great way for you to meet your new people and start to develop business connections through networking.
What makes Univative unique?
Univative is an inter-university competition which brings together students from:
- Macquarie University
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- and University of Sydney (USyd).
- information sessions held at the participating universities
- a visit to the project sponsor organisations for project briefings
- and concludes with teams submitting reports and presentations to judges.
You will have the chance to work on projects with a range of organisations, such as:
- Ernst and Young
- Salvation Army- Street Level Mission
- Kids Money
- and the Starlight Children's Foundation
Some of the previous projects that students have have the chance to work on include:
- corporate responsibility strategies for project sponsors
- the re-design spatial use of a community centre
- and the comparative analysis of client engagement models.
Discover more about the Univative program below