Intern Career Assistant
From the Archive
News created: 09 Jul 2010
Seeking an Intern to assist the Macquarie University Career Service with organising careers events, project management, market research activities and resource management.
The Macquarie University Career Service is seeking an enthusiastic and well-rounded Intern to assist with organising and participating in careers workshops, project and resource managing, market research activities, editing and enhancing career related material, interview and psychological assessment programs, conducting surveys and evaluations.
This is an UNPAID internship which is likely to require up to 2 half days per week for a 1 month timeframe with the potential for ongoing projects (can be flexible to fit in with your timetable).
WHO CAN APPLY
Only final year or post graduate Macquarie University students studying Psychology or HR.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Comfortable with taking direction within a less structured team setting
- Ability to adapt and follow new procedures
Please send a maximum of 1-2 pages addressing the following selection criteria (describe brief examples and evidence of):
- Interest, knowledge or experience of student career issues and services, psychological assessment, recruitment and selection
- Written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Project and resource management skills (such as record keeping, note taking and use of Microsoft packages)
- Ability to multi-task with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Some knowledge or experience in marketing, event organising and/or survey activities
Submit applications via email. In subject line of email write: "Your name - Career Service Internship"
Please attach your: Resume (max. 3 pages), One page document answering the selection criteria. No cover letter is required.