Paid Internship in HR
From the Archive
News created: 25 Nov 2010
Beiersdorf currently has an exciting opportunity for a 3rd year Human Resources student to be involved in a paid internship role for 2 days per week at $20 per hour! The position is a Maternity leave cover and will be a contract "up to 12 months". The intern reports to the Human Resources General Manager, in Khartoum Road, Macquarie Park and begins in February 2011.
Macquarie students Laura Duck and Melissa Airs did internships in marketing with Beiersdorf through 2010. Hear what they have to say about their experiences with the company. The successful applicant can also enrol in FOBE200: Professional and Community Engagement and gain academic credit for their hard work.
Beiersdorf Australia and New Zealand works within the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry and is a closely aligned key affiliate of the leading international branded goods company, Beiersdorf AG (Germany). They compete across various branded goods categories including skincare, sports medicine and wound care.
Beiersdorf brands include NIVEA, Elastoplast, ElastoplastSport and Leuko. Many of these brands you will know as trusted household names and will find in homes all over Australia and New Zealand and indeed, the world. Their commitment to quality ensures the high standard of products and means that consumers can feel confident in using the brands in the family environment.
The successful students duties include:
- Administrative assistance to the members of the HR function as required
- Involvement in the recruitment process
- Update and maintain the BDF Website and HR intranet site
- Prepare required documents and packages in advance for processes such as On boarding
- Assist in the creation and distribution of the Beiersdorf Australia & New Zealand newsletter every 3 months
- Manage general company correspondence and documents contained within HR SharePoint
Education & Experience
- Degree in HR or related discipline
- Interest in HR / administration and business
Skills & Attributes
- Strong organisational skills, MS Office skills
- Analytical approach
- Shows initiative
- Team player, friendly and approachable
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
Email Keith.Power@beiersdorf.com, HR General Manager, Beiersdorf Australia and send your resume and covering letter. Applications close 10th December.
For assistance with your application, please contact Leanne Carter, Internship Coordinator, Department of Business