Macquarie Financial Risk Day
From the Archive
News created: 29 Sep 2010
Evaluation, Regulation, Research & Education
- When: Monday 13 December 2010
- Where: Amora Hotel Jamison, 11 Jamison Street, Sydney (Google Maps)
- Conference Program 2010 (PDF File)
The Centre for Financial Risk in the Faculty of Business and Economics presents its inaugural Macquarie Financial Risk Day.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND...
The conference provides a platform for communication between academic researchers, financial risk managers, regulators, insurance professionals, actuaries, and market practitioners. The aim is to exchange ideas and research on the management of financial risk. The focus will be on the interplay between the theory and practice of financial risk management, the exchange of information on contemporary financial risk topics, and prioritisation of research in the area.
The conference themes are:
- Evaluation: Estimation and measurement of Financial Risk
- Regulation: Towards a better regulatory framework - Implications of Basel III
- Research and Education: The value of research partnerships between Industry Professionals and Academics
LEADING SPEAKERS INCLUDE...
- Dilip Madan, Professor of Finance, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland; Consultant to Morgan Stanley, Caspian Capital Inc. and Bloomberg
- John Jarratt, Head of Enterprise Risk Analytics, Westpac Banking Corporation
- Greg Taylor, Taylor Fry Consulting Actuaries, Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries
- Craig Ansley, Former Director, Capital Market Research, Russell Investment Group, Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries
- Katrina Ellis, Head of Research, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Financial risk managers
- Insurance professionals
- Market practitioners
- Academic researchers
Conference Program 2010 (PDF File)