Dean's Excellence Awards
The Dean's Excellence Awards was initiated to celebrate the achievements of students within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
This year, the awards evening will was held at The Maritime Museum on the 16th May and brought together our students, academics and industry partners to acknowledge the accomplishment of our high achieving students for 2012.
Overall, 2012 proved to be a commendable year for our students with over 500 merit awards given to our high achievers. Some outstanding academic achievements for the year were:
- 303 students received a GPA between 3.75 - 3.99
- 122 received a GPA of 4.0, which is a perfect score
- 145 were awarded department certificates for achieving top marks in business and economics units.
This year, there are approximately 60 industry sponsored awards from various organisations including:
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Ernst & Young
- Australian Taxation Office
- KPMG Actuaries
- Towers Watson
- Australian Finance Conference
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- Suncorp Group Employees Council
- The Co-Op Bookshop
- John Wiley & Sons
- The Nielsen Company
- Holocentric Pty Ltd
- Cengage Learning
- Beiersdorf Australia
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Deutsche Bank
These prizes comprise of monetary contributions, internships, vouchers and are awarded to the top students in various business and economics units.
Guest speakers for the evening:
Prof. Paul Clitheroe
Professor and Chair in Financial Literacy of Macquarie University
- Comet to host a "Launch Pad" event in MUSE
Comet to host a "Launch Pad" event in MUSE next Tuesday 28th October
11am-2pm in MUSE (Level 2).
- China Business Tour 2014
During the mid-semester break, 18 Faculty of Business and Economics students from a variety of disciplines departed Sydney to embark on a 13 day China Business Study Tour in Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou.
- CPA Information Session
This session is designed to provide students with information on CPA program structure and to explain the processes to enrol in Macquarie University (North Ryde campus) and CPA Australia.
- MacWarrior Women social sport program
Group fitness led by female instructors in an exclusively female environment
- Macquarie University Career Snapshot 2014
More than 100 students from the Faculty of Business and Economics attended this important event, which was held on campus on Tuesday 2nd of September.