Dean's Excellence Awards
The Dean's Excellence Awards was initiated to celebrate the achievements of students within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
This year, the awards evening will was held at The Maritime Museum on the 16th May and brought together our students, academics and industry partners to acknowledge the accomplishment of our high achieving students for 2012.
Overall, 2012 proved to be a commendable year for our students with over 500 merit awards given to our high achievers. Some outstanding academic achievements for the year were:
- 303 students received a GPA between 3.75 - 3.99
- 122 received a GPA of 4.0, which is a perfect score
- 145 were awarded department certificates for achieving top marks in business and economics units.
This year, there are approximately 60 industry sponsored awards from various organisations including:
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Ernst & Young
- Australian Taxation Office
- KPMG Actuaries
- Towers Watson
- Australian Finance Conference
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- Suncorp Group Employees Council
- The Co-Op Bookshop
- John Wiley & Sons
- The Nielsen Company
- Holocentric Pty Ltd
- Cengage Learning
- Beiersdorf Australia
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Deutsche Bank
These prizes comprise of monetary contributions, internships, vouchers and are awarded to the top students in various business and economics units.
Guest speakers for the evening:
Prof. Paul Clitheroe
Professor and Chair in Financial Literacy of Macquarie University
Join us at our Postgraduate Information Night
Talk one-on-one with our experts and discover how you can further your career!Date: Wednesday 28th May, 2014
Location: Level 3, Campus Hub, North Ryde Campus, Macquarie University
- Congratulations to the Postgrad Survey Contest Winners
Congratulations to Xiaopeng, Muhammad and Yang, the winners of the Postgrad Survey Contest.
- Find out about our new Business and Leadership course
- BUS304 International Business Tour
The 2013 International Study Tour to China from September went for 2 weeks and was a great success.
- Helping students take first steps into university
- Baumann joins editorial team for the Journal of Asia Business Studies
Congratulations to Dr Chris Baumann on being invited to join the Editorial Team for the Journal of Asia Business Studies.