Dean's Excellence Awards
The Dean's Excellence Awards was initiated to celebrate the achievements of students within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
This year, the awards evening will was held at The Maritime Museum on the 16th May and brought together our students, academics and industry partners to acknowledge the accomplishment of our high achieving students for 2012.
Overall, 2012 proved to be a commendable year for our students with over 500 merit awards given to our high achievers. Some outstanding academic achievements for the year were:
- 303 students received a GPA between 3.75 - 3.99
- 122 received a GPA of 4.0, which is a perfect score
- 145 were awarded department certificates for achieving top marks in business and economics units.
This year, there are approximately 60 industry sponsored awards from various organisations including:
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Ernst & Young
- Australian Taxation Office
- KPMG Actuaries
- Towers Watson
- Australian Finance Conference
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
- Suncorp Group Employees Council
- The Co-Op Bookshop
- John Wiley & Sons
- The Nielsen Company
- Holocentric Pty Ltd
- Cengage Learning
- Beiersdorf Australia
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Deutsche Bank
These prizes comprise of monetary contributions, internships, vouchers and are awarded to the top students in various business and economics units.
Guest speakers for the evening:
Prof. Paul Clitheroe
Professor and Chair in Financial Literacy of Macquarie University
- Your In-Semester Grades – anywhere, anytime
You will now be able to see how you are going in ALL yourFBE units during semester.
- Traders of Macquarie University won 2014 iAwards
Teaching to have an impact on students' life is a challenging task. As online education progresses, the interaction that is available in the classroom must also be available to external students
- MBA & Postgrad Studies Expo
- Real-world learning with Optus
Students in the PACE unit MKTG304: Marketing Project learned from senior Optus employees and worked together to develop a loyalty rewards program for Optus customers.
- GlaxoSmithKline Industry Based Learning Program
Now in its fourth year, an exclusive partnership between Macquarie University and leading international pharmaceutical and healthcare provider GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) provides students with a unique opportunity to combine university study with real world experience before graduating.