Improving Student Studies - Gradebook
Over the past 3 Sessions, the Faculty of Business and Economics has been trialing a new way to record and track students' results, using 'Gradebook'. What started from a decision made by academics Thomas Kern and Rajini Mala, in the Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, has now become a full-scale project, led by Tina Piccione. Whilst only some subjects are currently using Gradebook, the Faculty of Business and Economics is planning to roll-out Gradebook as our standard grade recording for all units in 2014.
What is 'Gradebook'?
Gradebook is a system inside with iLearn, Macquarie University's online Learning and Teaching portal. It records the grades of each student, and allows the student to view how they are doing overall in a course.
What are the benefits?
- Ability to provide timely feedback to students.
- Provide ongoing information about student performance.
- Gives the student the ability to view their current progress.
- Amendments to grades take place instantly, and the students can see results straight away.
- Helps academic advisers to provide students with better support.
- Reduction in administrative processes for academics, so they can spend more time on quality teaching.
- Reduction in late grade changes.
Are you a student currently using Gradebook? Please take a few minutes to complete the online feedback survey.
- $1000 Research Scholarships
The faculty of Business and Economics and Macquarie Sustainability are seeking 3rd year, masters or PhD students to develop case studies as part of a research project.
- Career Opportunities with KPMG China
KPMG China is continuing to invest heavily in recruitment with a strong commitment to China. For those planning a return to China or Hong Kong we are recruiting overseas graduates of all disciplines accross our core functions - Audit, Tax and Advisory.
- Interview Simulation for Success 2015
Practise your interview skills with some of the country's most desirable employers
- PwC Aspire to Lead-Women's Leadership Series
PwC is hosting a global webcast followed by an insightful panel discussion with some senior members of PwC across different lines of service.