Partners in Finance Centre
Macquarie University is delighted to join the new Centre for International Finance and Regulation. Hosted by the University of New South Wales, the Centre will use the talent of its members and collaborators to produce world-class research, policy, teaching and engagement.
This will enhance innovation in financial markets, policy and regulatory outcomes and actively support the growth of Australia as a regionalThe financial services hub.
The federal government has committed $12.1 million over four years to establish the centre, with the NSW government providing an additional $6 million. A further $6 million has come from corporate sources and universities.
The foundation partners of the new centre are:
- The University of Sydney, the University of New South Wales, Macquarie University, University of Technology, Sydney, the University of Melbourne and the Australian National University.
- Two Sydney-based, internationally recognised capital markets research and development centres: the Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre and the Securities Industry Research Centre of Asia-Pacific.
- Two of the leading finance research centres in the world: New York University's Salomon Centre and Volatility Institute, and the Fink Centre at the University of California, Los Angeles; through these institutions the centre will have an active collaboration with three Nobel Laureates.
- Industry participants Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Macquarie Group and KPMG.
Any enquiries from the media should be directed to:
Megan Nixon Marketing Manager - Faculty of Business and Economics
- $1000 Research Scholarships
The faculty of Business and Economics and Macquarie Sustainability are seeking 3rd year, masters or PhD students to develop case studies as part of a research project.
- Career Opportunities with KPMG China
KPMG China is continuing to invest heavily in recruitment with a strong commitment to China. For those planning a return to China or Hong Kong we are recruiting overseas graduates of all disciplines accross our core functions - Audit, Tax and Advisory.
- Interview Simulation for Success 2015
Practise your interview skills with some of the country's most desirable employers
- PwC Aspire to Lead-Women's Leadership Series
PwC is hosting a global webcast followed by an insightful panel discussion with some senior members of PwC across different lines of service.