Can't pay your full tuition costs upfront?
Fee-Help is a loan program to help eligible fee paying students to pay their tuition fees.
SA-Help is a loan scheme to assist eligible students to pay for all or part of their student services & amenities fee.
Some key information is listed below, but for the most extensive & up-to-date information, please visit the Government Study Assist website.
FEE-HELP is a Government loan scheme that assists eligible fee paying students pay all or part of their tuition fees. It cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books. The total amount of FEE-HELP a person can use is known as the 'FEE-HELP limit'.
Once a person begins using FEE-HELP, the amount of FEE-HELP they have left to use is known as their 'FEE-HELP balance'.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you:
- meet the citizenship & residency requirements:
- Australian citizen, OR
- Permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for duration of your unit)
- have received an offer for a domestic fee-paying place in your course
- enrol in the unit of study before the census date, and remain enroled at the end of the census date
- submit your tax file number (TFN) to the higher education provider
- complete & submit a valid Request for Fee-Help Assistance form
- have not exceeded the Fee-Help limit
- are an Australian Citizen or Domestic student and have physically been in Australia for at least one unit
Note: Your Fee-Help limit is a lifetime limit, and includes any amounts from VET Fee-Help.
2013 Limit: $93,204
How do I apply?
You will need:
- Tax file number (TFN)
- Request for Fee-Help assistance form (available from the University)
Before you sign & submit your form, you need to read the Fee-Help information booklet.
You need to submit the form before the census date.