Session 2 applications are now open.
Deadline to apply is Friday 1 July 2016.
Due to Macquarie's strict enrolment deadlines, it is essential that all applicants are responsive to communication from the internship office throughout the entire application process.
Students are required to read the following instructions before submitting their application:
- Prepare your cover letter and resume.
To ensure consistency across applications, students must write their cover letter and resume using the Australian Guidelines and combine into one Word document. Failure to follow these guidelines will delay the application process.
- Submit application via ask (login with your student ID)
- Complete the application form,
- attach your cover letter
- and attach your resume document.
The process once you've applied
- Eligibility assessment The Faculty of Business and Economics will be asked to check your GPA and degree program to ensure you meet eligibility requirements. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised by email.
- Written communication skills assessment Your application will be used to assess your written communication skills. If your written skills are appropriate for an internship, you will be invited to attend an interview with an Internship Advisor. If your written skills are not strong enough to undertake an internship, you will be notified by email.
- Internship Advisor interview Attend an interview to discuss the type of placement you are looking for. Be prepared to demonstrate your study background, skills and interests with the internship staff so they can assess your suitability to undertaking an internship and what kind of projects you would be best suited to.
- Interview outcome and projects The interview will be used to assess your verbal communication skills. If your verbal skills are appropriate for an internship, you will be emailed a range of internship projects to consider. If your verbal skills are not strong enough to undertake an internship, you will be notified by email.
- Internship preferences Students research each organisation and reply to their Internship Advisor with their listed preferences
- Application submission to host organisationOnce all students have been interviewed, the internship advisor puts forward the most appropriate student for an interview with the host organisation.
- Host organisation interviewThe student attends an interview with the host organisation. The successful student will be notified by the internship advisor. If your interview is unsuccessful the internship advisor will be in touch to discuss putting you forward for other available roles.
Students that are successful in securing an internship will have a waiver placed on their enrolment and be advised that they are then able to enrol in the unit.
- Commencement of internship Students then commence their internship hours and academic requirements.