Master of Accounting (CPA Extension)
Graduate 'work ready' from our Master of Accounting (CPA Extension)
Any student who holds a Bachelor degree in any discipline has the opportunity to earn a widely recognised and respected postgraduate CPA course. Units in our CPA program have been designed to meet the educational requirements of:
- CPA Australia is one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a membership of more than 139,000 finance, accounting and business professionals across the globe.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ))
The professional body for Chartered Accountants in Australia, New Zealand and members operating throughout the world.
The Benefits of Studying our Master of Accounting CPA course
- The Master of Accounting CPA Extension enables students to obtain a university qualification and receive extensive academic support while they prepare for the CPA Australia external examinations. Our CPA course places particular emphasis on communicative competence as well as strong technical skills.
- We are a Registered Tuition Provider for the CPA Program.
- Accounting graduates from our CPA program consistently rank higher in grade results within the CPA course than non-Macquarie graduates. Recent results from Semester 2, 2013 show a 91% pass rate for Macquarie University Master of Accounting (CPA) students, with a 36% rate of High Distinctions and Distinctions, compared to a 14% High Distinction and Distinction rate for non-Macquarie Students.
- The Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC) have developed a program specifically for students enrolled in the Master of Accounting (CPA Extension). The aim is to develop student's communication skills with a focus on business communication skills.
Master of Accounting (CPA Extension) Graduates can find careers in:
- chartered or CPA accounting
- financial analysis
- risk management
- system design and analysis
- financial control
- merchant banking
- government accounting.
The Macquarie Experience
- Macquarie University has its very own train station. So no matter where you are in the greater Sydney area, it's only a short train ride away to undertake postgrad courses at Macquarie.
- Modern campus - You'll have access to a range of new facilities, including the new state-of-the-art Library and a brand-new Sport and Aquatic Centre.
- Business internships - Gain valuable on-the-job experience with business internships that can count towards your degree.
Our Master of Business courses Where can a Master of Business take you?