Master of Actuarial Practice
Get unique skills with a Master of Actuarial Practice
The Master of Actuarial Practice is designed as a graduate conversion program for non-actuarial graduates who wish to obtain a professionally accredited qualification in actuarial science. Macquarie's Master of Actuarial Practice is recognised by:
- The Institute of Actuaries Australia
The sole professional body for actuaries in Australia.
The Benefits of our Master of Actuarial Practice
- The program is structured to allow you to complete parts or all of Parts I and II of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia professional qualifications.
- A range of electives in actuarial science, statistics, finance and economics and other areas are available.
- Qualified academic staff with industry-relevant experience will put you at the forefront of new knowledge and expose you to the very latest ideas often before they are published.
- Macquarie is globally recognised for its outstanding actuarial studies education.
The actuarial qualification has international recognition and many of our graduates work in international financial centres in a variety of industry's including:
- Accounting firms
- Actuarial and superannuation consulting firms
- Banks and funds management
- General insurance companies
- Health insurance companies
- Life insurance companies
- Management consulting firms
- Public sector
The Macquarie Experience
- Macquarie University has its very own train station. So no matter where you are in the greater Sydney area, it's only a short train ride away to undertake postgrad courses at Macquarie.
- Modern campus - You'll have access to a range of new facilities, including the new state-of-the-art Library and a brand-new Sport and Aquatic Centre.
- Business internships - Gain valuable on-the-job experience with business internships that can count towards your degree.
Our Master of Business courses Where can a Master of Business take you?