Master of Advanced Professional Accounting
Accelerate your accounting career – Advanced postgraduate studies
With the Master of Advanced Professional Accounting, an exceptional accounting career – and salary – can be yours, sooner. Unique in Australia, it offers CPA Australia's professional segments and advanced units in financial and management accounting, finance, business management and research in one degree.
Chartered Institute of Management
Macquarie University and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) launched their global partnership to provide a pathway for Macquarie students to acquire the Master of Advanced Professional Accounting and fast track their CIMA Professional Qualification. Master of Advanced Professional Accounting students can fast-track their CIMA qualification by skipping 14 of the examination papers, going straight to the final CIMA examination. Find out more about this partnership
Fast-track your accounting career
- chartered or CPA accounting
- financial analysis
- risk management
- system design and analysis
- financial control
- merchant banking
- government accounting
The Benefits of our Master of Advanced Professional Accounting
- Your postgraduate study will afford you the career opportunities and salary expectations of a fully qualified CPA.
- Thanks to its flexible, specialist electives, you'll gain highly-sought after skills in research, management, information systems, and business.
- Receive extensive academic support while you prepare for the CPA external examinations.
- In addition to preparing you for the CPA exams, the program meets the practical demands of the professional accounting, corporate governance and finance job markets.
- It's stimulating! Far from being a paint-by-numbers course, it fosters in-depth international and critical analysis.
- Our Sydney graduates consistently rank higher in grade results in the CPA program than non-Macquarie graduates with the largest number of high distinctions every year at the annual CPA awards and the highest pass rate (over 92%)* as at July 2012.
The program allows students to gain two qualifications with several career pathways upon completion Ã‚Â– a postgraduate degree in accounting and membership of CPA Australia (subject to meeting the work experience requirements).
CPA Australia is a significant international professional qualification that unlocks new doors and opportunities to students.
Professor Philomena Leung
Leung has been actively involved in the Australian accounting profession since 1990s when she migrated from Hong Kong. She has developed different innovative tertiary educational programs such as the Master of Advanced Professional Accounting. Her research interests are in auditing, ethics and corporate governance.
The Macquarie Experience
- Now that Macquarie University has a dedicated train station, postgraduate studies are only a short train ride away, no matter where you are in the greater Sydney area. Plus it's located in the heart of Australia's largest high-technology precinct.
- Thanks to recent investments of more than $1 billion in facilities and infrastructure, you'll be studying at a modern Sydney campus including the new state-of-the-art Library and a brand-new Sport and Aquatic Centre, as well as dedicated postgraduate resources.
- An education in the number 1 university in Australia among universities under 50 years of age, giving you an internationally recognised and respected degree.
Our Master of Business courses Where can a Master of Business take you?