Master of Economics
Advance your career with a Master of Economics
The Master of Economics extends the knowledge of students with an undergraduate degree in economics or a similar discipline, and is an ideal program for those already working in the area or planning a career as a professional economist.
The core units provide advanced training in economics and econometrics, while the electives cater for a range of interests including finance and policy development.
A gateway program is available for students whose undergraduate degree is in a discipline other than economics.
The Benefits of our Master of Economics
- Our Master of Economics degree offers a wide range of units to help you learn the theoretical and applied aspects of modern economics at an advanced level.
- You may include in the degree a research project so that you can be prepared for a career in a research area or for further study towards a higher degree.
- Qualified academic staff with industry-relevant experience will put you at the forefront of new knowledge. Macquarie's research exposes you to the very latest ideas often before they are published.
- A strong global focus provides you with a comprehensive, international outlook, ensuring you are world-ready business professional.
Where can you go with a Master of Economics?
- central banks and agencies
- consultancy firms
- commercial banks
- educational institutions
- investments banks
- research organisations.
Feedback from a graduate
"During my university studies, I was also able to participate in the Global Leadership Program, a great way to broaden my degree and engage at a greater depth with present-day issues."
More feedback from our graduates:
The Macquarie Experience
- Macquarie University has its very own train station. So no matter where you are in the greater Sydney area, it's only a short train ride away to undertake postgrad courses at Macquarie.
- Modern campus - You'll have access to a range of new facilities, including the new state-of-the-art Library and a brand-new Sport and Aquatic Centre.
- Business internships - Gain valuable on-the-job experience with business internships that can count towards your degree.
Our Master of Business courses Where can a Master of Business take you?