- Faculty Home
- Our courses
- Research Training Pathway
- PhD & Research Degrees
- Our Research
- Current Students
- MQC Transition
- News and events
- Business and Community
- Departments & Centres
- Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Applied Finance and Actuarial Studies
- Centre for Financial Risk
- Centre for Workforce Futures
- Centre for the Health Economy
- Sessional Academic Staff Unit
- About Us
- Contact Us
Seminar by Craig Ansley
- Topic: Will Alternative Investments Improve Your Portfolio?
- Speaker: Craig Ansley - Former Director, Capital Market Research, Russell Investment Group and Visiting Lecturer, Macquarie University.
- When: 9th March, 2012, (Fri)
Investors are increasingly investigating alternative investments such as private equity, hedge funds, infrastructure and commodities to increase returns and diversify risk. However, with conventional asset allocation techniques it can be difficult to decide whether a new asset class will improve the portfolio. These techniques are very sensitive to the return assumptions, which for alternative investments are often very uncertain.
To view the full paper click - Will Alternative Investments Improve Your Portfolio?