Burma Economic Watch
In doing so the Burma Economic Watch group has attained an international reputation for its economic research and commentary on this isolated, yet important country.
- For updates visit the Burma Economic Watch blog.
Op-Eds / Interviews:
- 16 October 2012, Radio National, Sean Turnell spoke about the need for economic reform in Burma
- January 2010, The Irrawaddy, A Year of Promise, or Tempest-tossed again?
- 6 October, 2009, The Age, Sanctions on Burma have a role to play
- 6 August, 2009, the Wall Street Journal, Burma Isn't Broke
- 12 May, 2009, e-International Relations
- 19 May, 2008, The Irrawaddy, A Shattered Rice Bowl
- 8 May, 2008, The Irrawaddy, How the Regime Hides Its Billions
- 2 May, 2008, the Japan Times, The rape of Burma: where did the wealth go?
- 4 September, 2007, the Wall Street Journal, Gas attack (PDF)
Recent PublicationFiery Dragons
Banks, Moneylenders and Microfinance in Burma
by Sean Turnell
Multi-Media / Events:
- Asia Society, New York, 7th April 2010
- Sean Turnell, with Mizzima TV, July 3rd 2009
- Sean Turnell, US House of Representatives, April 23rd 2009
- Alison Vicary, on '7.30 Report', ABC, May 6th 2008
- Sean Turnell, Asia Society, New York, March 25th 2008
- Sean Turnell, Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee, March 29th 2006