The Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance encourages quality research across a variety of issues, ideologies and methodologies. Our research objectives are:
- Deliver research that explores and shapes real world issues.
- Build strategic partnerships that advance knowledge and practice.
- Facilitate a collegiate and nurturing research environment.
- Build a reputation for contemporary research and thought leadership.
The International Governance and Performance (IGAP) research centre, within the Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, conducts research at the forefront of the field. Research topics include:
- Accounting education and technology
- Auditing and assurance services
- Corporate governance
- Environmental and social accounting, ethical investment and energy law
- Financial/corporate accounting and reporting
- Information systems
- International accounting and national & organisational culture
- Management accounting and management control systems
- Professional and business ethics
Further information on the diversity of research across the Department can be obtained from the Staff Research Interest page, the Recent Publications page, and the Research Seminar series information.