Sessional Academic Staff Unit
The Sessional Academic Staff Unit supports the 200 plus sessional lecturers and tutors in the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The FBE Sessional Academic Staff Unit (SASU) commenced operation in November 2013. In 2015 SASU was recognised as a Benchmarking Leadership and Advancement of Standards for Sessional Teaching (BLASST) Good Practice Finalist. This Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching Award recognised out work supporting and enhancing quality sessional teaching. It highlights, in particular work on providing long service, subsidised parking and paid induction for sessional staff.
SASU consists of Gordon Brooks (Head of Department) and Elizabeth Bignucolo (Administrator, E4A 743, Tel 02 9850 7280) who conduct a range of activities to support the work and development of our Faculty's 200 plus sessional academic staff.
- A paid induction into the Faculty for new staff, introducing them to various aspects of their work as sessional academics.
- A dedicated SASU iLearn site to provide regular communication directly to our sessional academic staff regarding news, events and policy updates.
- Facilitating access to paid training courses and other development activities.
- Providing support in various administrative processes, such as claiming reimbursements.
- Providing assistance to resolve sessional academic staff queries regarding matters not related to their teaching.
How to apply to work as a sessional academic with FBE
If you are interested in working as a casual tutor or lecturer with the Faculty of Business and Economics, please complete the contact form.
We employ sessional academic staff in each of our departments, across a wide range of units. If you would like to investigate the units the Faculty teaches, specific information about them is available in their unit guides (http://unitguides.mq.edu.au/units ).
Further opportunities with Macquarie are advertised on our jobs site: http://jobs.mq.edu.au/cw/en/listing/.