PhD and Research Degrees
Get Your Research PhD — With Generous Support Funding
A PhD is just part of what you get when you study at Macquarie.
You see, we're as dedicated to your research and your career as you are. When you delve deeper and think harder, when you publish your insights and network with key peers, we all benefit. We pride ourselves on being a University on the move, and your advancement takes us further. So it's in our best interests to support you with generous funding and scholarships, strategic networking opportunities and much more.
For you, this means:
- Support funding - Up to $10,000 in funding from the Faculty, for project and thesis support over the course of your candidature (including research & conference travel), and $1,200 from for additional research training and copy editing. Some students will also receive up to $5,000 (on application) from the University. You'll have the resources and support to present at conferences in Australia and overseas, and to attend relevant research training.
- Dedicated laptop - If you're a full-time candidate, you'll get a laptop for your exclusive use while you're studying, right up until you complete your thesis.
- Scholarships for research excellence - Each year, a limited number of students receive an extra $10,000 scholarship (separate application required).
- Highly experienced supervisors - Receive advice, thesis guidance, industry insights and networking opportunities from well known supervisors.
- Proactive research training - Focussed research and thesis training and skills development, from academic thesis writing specialists and other relevant experts.
- Contemporary facilities - Macquarie University is home to a brand-new state-of-the-art library, and it also boasts its own train station (the newly opened Macquarie University station).
- Annual PhD research conference - Each year, you'll get to present at the annual PhD research conference, where you'll be heard by influential, industry decision-makers.
- Our PhD supervisors are internationally recognised in their fields of expertise.
- A vibrant, flexible, inspiring environment - Macquarie is a different sort of university. We're proud of our vibrant research culture, and the support and inspiration our students receive from their peers. We also proud of our fantastic mix of local and international students.
Macquarie - A Leading Research University…
Our commitment to our PhD students has made Macquarie one of Australia's leading research universities. We're a participant in the Australian Government's ARC Centres of Excellence program, we attract significant research income from both the private and public sectors, and we place a very high priority on commercialising our intellectual property. What's more, our citations ranking proves that the academic papers of our researchers are well regarded and far-reaching.
If you're interested in enrolling in our research PhD program, please contact us to discuss research areas, the application process, the entry criteria and the pathways to PhD.
Thinking of Applying? Please Contact Us