- Title: Associate Professor
- Position: Associate Professor of Marketing - Department of Marketing and Management
- Qualifications: BSc, Hons Class 1 (University of New South Wales), PhD (University of New South Wales, AGSM)
Areas of Expertise
Customer Relationship Management, Advertising and Consumer Behaviour.
He consults in the area of advertising effectiveness and branding for various industries: fast-moving consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and finance.
Prior to joining the Department of Marketing and Management in June 2007, Lawrence was a faculty member at the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM); and before that, he worked for many years as a senior marketing research consultant and manager.
- 2000 Macquarie University New Staff Grant
- 2003 & 2005 MGSM research grants
- 2007 Monash research grant with Prof. Chris Dubelaar
Best paper nominations:
- Achieving Visual Attention in Print. Evidence from Neuroscience. ICORIA (2006)
- Visual Vampire, Deviancy and Integration in Print Ads. ICORIA (2008)
- Ang, L. and Buttle, F. Complaint-handling processes and organisational benefits: an ISO 10002-based investigation, Journal of Marketing Management (in press).
- Ang, L. Community Relationship Management and Social Media, Journal of Database Marketing and Customer Strategy Management (in press).
- Kokofingas, C.and Ang, L. Product recall, brand equity and future choice, Journal of Marketing Management (in press).
- Ang, L and Buttle F. (2009) Customer development strategies for exceeding expectations. An exploratory study. Journal of Database Marketing and Customer Management Strategy, 16 (4), pp. 267-275.
- Ang, L. and Dubelaar, C. (2007) Explaining Celebrity Match-Up: Co-Activation Theory of Dominant Support. In Margaret Craig-Lees, Gary Gregory and Teresa Davis (Eds), Advances in Consumer Research - Asia Pacific, Vol. 7, pp.377-383.
- Buttle, F. Ang, L and Iriana, R. (2006) Sales force automation, review, critique and research agenda, International Journal of Management Reviews, 8 (4), pp. 213-231.
- Ang, L. and Buttle, F (2006) Customer retention management process, European Journal of Marketing, 40 (1), pp. 83-99
- Ang, L. and Buttle, F (2006) Managing for successful customer acquisition, Journal of Marketing Management, 22 (4), pp. 295-318
- Ang, L and Buttle, F. (2006) CRM software applications and business performance, Journal of Database Marketing and Customer Management Strategy, 14 (1), pp. 4 -16.
- 2004 ROI on CRM: A customer journey approach. Published on www.ebusinessforum.gr http://www.ebusinessforum.gr/content/downloads/ap0047.pdf
- 2004 CRM in Australia. Published on http://buttleassociates.com/ http://buttleassociates.com/doc/CRMinAustralia.pdf
- 2004 ROI on CRM: a customer journey approach. Published on http://www.crm2day.com http://www.crm2day.com/library/EpFlupuEZVRmkpZCHM.php
- 2005 How complaints handling delivers customer retention benefits. Published on http://www.compliance.org.au/www_aci/user/docs/compliance_e_news_4_8.pdf
Affiliations / activities
- Marketing Research Society of Australia
- European Advertising Academy
- Editorial board of Journal of Business Research (methodology)
- Occasional reviewer for European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Economics and Psychology, Journal of Marketing Management, Australian Journal of Management, Australasian Marketing Journal.
- Occasional external examiner of doctoral theses.
- Joe Damrongphiwa
- Marjorie O'Neill
- Camille Singh
- Melissa Airs
His current areas of research are competencies in customer relationship management, complaints handling, attention and creativity in advertising, neuromarketing and non-conscious effects of marketing stimuli, consumption and loyalty, social comparison, brand misconduct and product recall, brand valuation, personality and celebrity endorsement, materialism.
Lawrence teaches in the area of marketing management, advertising and marketing research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Australia and overseas. He also contributes to executive training for various organisations. Some of the courses taught include:
- Advertising and Promotion
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management
- Effective Advertising
- Issues in Branding
- Advanced Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Quantitative Methods and Analysis