Master of Accounting (CPA Extension)
Graduate 'work ready' from our Master of Accounting (CPA Extension)How to apply
Any student who holds a Bachelor degree in any discipline has the opportunity to earn a widely recognised and respected postgraduate CPA course. Units in our CPA program have been designed to meet the educational requirements of:
- CPA Australia
one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a membership of more than 139,000 finance, accounting and business professionals across the globe.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA)
The professional body for Chartered Accountants in Australia and members operating throughout the world.
Join us at our Postgraduate Information Evening
Talk one-on-one with our experts and discover how you can further your career!Date: Tuesday the 9th July 2013
Location: CampusHub building C10A, Macquarie University
The Benefits of Studying our Master of Accounting CPA course
- The Master of Accounting CPA Extension enables students to obtain a university qualification and receive extensive academic support while they prepare for the CPA Australia external examinations. Our CPA course places particular emphasis on communicative competence as well as strong technical skills.
- Accounting graduates from our CPA program consistently rank higher in grade results within the CPA course than non-Macquarie graduates. Recent results from Semester 1, 2012 show a 91% pass rate for Macquarie University Master of Accounting (CPA) students, with a 27% rate of High Distinctions and Distinctions, compared to a 13% High Distinction and Distinction rate for non-Macquarie Students.
- The Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC) have developed a program specifically for students enrolled in the Master of Accounting (CPA Extension). The aim is to develop student's communication skills with a focus on business communication skills.
Master of Accounting (CPA Extension) Graduates can find careers in:
- chartered or CPA accounting
- financial analysis
- risk management
- system design and analysis
- financial control
- merchant banking
- government accounting.
Feedback from a student
Feedback from our students:
The Macquarie Experience
- Macquarie University has its very own train station. So no matter where you are in the greater Sydney area, it's only a short train ride away to undertake postgrad courses at Macquarie.
- Modern campus - You'll have access to a range of new facilities, including the new state-of-the-art Library and a brand-new Sport and Aquatic Centre.
- Business internships - Gain valuable on-the-job experience with business internships that can count towards your degree.