Student Exchange/ Study Abroad
Macquarie University runs the largest student mobility program in Australia. The program is supported by the Vice-Chancellor's Travel Grant Scheme, a multi-million dollar scholarship program to assist students in undertaking an international experience while at Macquarie. It is the most generous program of its kind among Australian universities.
All programs are available to both Australian and international students.
Short study programs at an overseas university
Macquarie has links with many overseas universities. In some locations it is possible to take a short, but intensive, program of study in the summer (Jan-Feb) period or winter (June-July) period. All programs are taught in English. All students are eligible for a Macquarie University travel grant to assist their participation.
2009/2010 short programs are available at:
- Fudan University (Shanghai, China)
- Copenhagen Business School (Denmark)
- La Salle University (Mexico City)
- Aarhus School of Business (Denmark)
Short programs of study in overseas universities are arranged through Macquarie Exchange Office.
International double degrees
Aarhus School of Business (Denmark)
- MSc in Finance and International Business
- MSc in European Union Business and Law
Normandy Business School (France)
- Postgraduate Diploma in European Business
- MSc in International Business and Management (and other degrees)
ESC Clermont (France)
- MSc in European Business (and other degrees)
INSEEC Paris, Bordeaux and Lyon (France)
- MSc in International Business (and other degrees)
- MSc in Economics and Management
Pzorheim University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- MSc in International Finance and Accounting
- MSc in Information Systems
- Master of International Business
Features of these double degrees include:
- Students complete two articulated degrees
- Classes are taught in English
- Travel grant available from Macquarie University
The purpose of these double degrees with partner universities is to provide students with an opportunity to extend their period of postgraduate study in a related field, to combine study and travel and to give a truly international perspective to their Macquarie degree through experiencing life and culture in another country.
The double degree component at a partner university must be taken during candidature as an MCom or MIB student. Therefore, it will normally commence after one semester of study and students will return to Macquarie to complete a final semester in the MCom or MIB program.
More detail about each of the double degree opportunities is available through the Macquarie International website.
Student exchange scheme (semester length program)
Macquarie University has exchange arrangements with over 200 overseas universities. Students in the MIB or MCom are able to complete a semester at an overseas university and have up to eight credit points (two units) count for credit toward the Macquarie MIB or MCom degree. A period of travel and study in another country can considerably enhance the international dimension of the MIB or MCom degree.
Enquiries and applications
To enquire about or make an application for any of the above international opportunities, contact:
- Macquarie Exchange Office
- U@MQ Building (next to STA Travel)
Explore our postgraduate courses and degrees
We offer postgrad courses in some of the most exciting and topical areas of business and economics.
Our areas of postgraduate study include: