Master of Accounting (Professional)
Take your first step towards a CPAHow to apply
Students who hold a Bachelor degree in any discipline have the opportunity to earn a widely recognised and respected postgraduate professional accounting qualification, that is fully recognised by:
- CPA Australia
one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a membership of more than 139,000 finance, accounting and business professionals across the globe.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA)
The professional body for Chartered Accountants in Australia and members operating throughout the world.
The Benefits of our Professional Accounting Course
- The program provides thorough preparation for the CPA or CA programs and are taught by both accounting academics and practitioners who are experts in their field.
- Our professional accounting graduates consistently rank higher in grade results in the CPA program than non-Macquarie professional accounting graduates.
- Classes are held during the day and in the evening for most units, each study period.
- The Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC) have developed a program specifically for students enrolled in the Master of Accounting (Professional) and (CPA Extension) with a focus on business communication skills. Sessions run by ELC address a range of business communication skills which are integrated into units in the program.
Master of Accounting (Professional) Graduates can find careers in:
- Accounting and consulting firms
- Business analyst firms
- General management
- Financial institutions
- Government Institutions