A National Portable Long Service Leave Scheme
Project Title: Development of a National Portable Long Service Leave Scheme
In partnership with:
- The McKell Institute
- The McKell Institute (Stage 1)
- Professor Ray Markey
- Ms Shauna Ferris
- Dr Tim Kyng
- Dr Catriona Lavermicocca
- Dr Salut Muhidin
- Dr Sharron O'Neill
- Associate Professor Nick Parr
- Dr Louise Thornthwaite
- Dr Chris Wright (USyd)
Stage One Report (July 2013): The Case for A National Long Service Leave Scheme in Australia (PDF)
The project's aims are to:
- Map employee access to Long Service Leave in Australia through various State and Commonwealth provisions;
- Identify labour market patterns of labour mobility which reduce employee access to Long Service Leave; and
- Identify means for developing a national portable long service leave scheme to provide access to all employees.
The project is envisaged in two Stages.
- Stage 1 has been completed with the initial report published in July 2013,
- Stage 2 involves an extensive program of dissemination through presentations at industry and conferences, and publication of a number of refereed journal articles drawing from this material are in the pipeline.