Emeritus Professor Russell Lansbury AM
Emeritus Professor, University of Sydney
Russell was a Professor of Industrial Relations at the University of Sydney from 1987-2009 and was appointed Professor Emeritus in 2009.
- British Airways in the UK
- Senior Lecturer at Monash University
- Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Management at Macquarie University
- Foundation Director of the Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training (an ARC Key Centre) at the University of Sydney
- Visiting Research Fellow at the Swedish Centre for Worklife Research in Stockholm
- Visiting Fellow at the International Institute for Labour Studies at the International Labour Organisation in Geneva
- Shaw Foundation Professor at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
- President of the International Industrial Relations Association (IIRA) which is based at the ILO in Geneva, from 2006-2009
- Senior Fulbright Fellowship at Harvard University and the Sloan School of Management at MIT
- General Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 2009
His major research contributions have been in the areas of international and comparative employment and industrial relations.
He has served on numerous government, industry and professional bodies.
He has been a consultant to:
- the International Labour Organisation (ILO),
- the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and
- the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).