General President of the Mining and Energy Division, CFMEU
Tony Maher has been General President of the Mining and Energy Division of the CFMEU since August 1998.
- Federated Engine Drivers and Firemen's Association (FEDFA)
- organiser and industrial officer and has many years experience running cases in industrial tribunals on behalf of members
- Elected to the position of CFMEU National President in 2004, making him the Chair of the National Executive and National Executive Committee (NEC) of the CFMEU
- lead the Union's work on Climate Change since 2006
- Chair of the ACTU Climate Group, 2008
- Commonwealth Government's Carbon Capture and Storage Taskforce
- Prime Minister's Energy Efficiency Advisory Group
- Appointed to represent unions on the Federal Government Roundtable on Climate Change in 2010
- Vice President of ICEM'S Asia Pacific region.
Tony is also a member of the International Executive Committee of ICEM, to which the CFMEU is affiliated