Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists & Managers (APESMA)
Topic:Breaking down the barriers to workplace productivity
Prior to working at APESMA, Erik spent 16 years in politics, management and communications across Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland and our capital.
Recently he has been a key player in the work of the Australian National Engineering Taskforce and authored ‘Realising an Innovation Economy’ and has been our lead advocate for a national registration scheme for engineers.
Relevant work experience:
- Staffer, Jenny Macklin MHR, 1997-1999
- Electronic Communications, Commerzbank Securities UK, 1999-2000
- Chief of Staff, Victorian Education Minister, 2001-2002
- State Secretary, Victorian Branch of the ALP, 2002-2005
- enior Consultant, Chief Operating Officer, CEO, Business Development Manager, CPR, 2005 – 2008
- Board member, Auspoll
- Consultant, sole trader, 2008-2009
- Chief of Staff, Minister for Veterans Affairs, Minister for Defence Personnel, 2009-10