Financial Risk Workshop success
A strong turnout underpinned the success of the Centre for Financial Risk Workshop held on Friday 25 November at Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
Registrations exceeded expectations, with speakers also receiving excellent feedback on their thought-provoking presentations.
Financial Risk Workshop was a free one-day workshop where leading thinkers presented the latest developments in financial risk research, highlighting the interplay and integration between finance and actuarial studies.
Talks covered a spectrum of financial risk research topics from leading researchers, including Professor Carl Chiarella from the University of Technology Sydney, Rodney Wolff from the University of Queensland and Professor Daniel Roesch from Leibniz University of Hannover.
Guest speakers included:
- Prof Carl Chiarella Head, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney
- A/Prof Ken Siu Centre for Financial Risk, Macquarie University
- Dr Valentyn Panchenko School of Economics, University of New South Wales
- Dr Benjamin Avanzi Director, Actuarial Studies Co-op Program, School of Risk and Actuarial Studies, Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales
- Prof Daniel Roesch Head of the Institute of Banking and Finance, Leibniz University, Hannover
- Prof Rodney Wolff Chair of WH Bryan Mining and Geology Research Centre, Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland
- modelling dependent risks
- credit risk analysis
- pricing and hedging financial risk
The day included a sit down buffet lunch, question and answer sessions and the opportunity to find out how recent research is enhancing understanding of capital markets and related disciplines.
Photos from 2011 Financial Risk Workshop
Contact the Centre for Financial Risk
- Linda Drake, administrator.