News and Events
Dr Sharron O'Neill and other Macquarie staff contribute to Australian Mining and The Conversation about reforms to Workers' Compensation.
Sharron O'Neill published an article in The Conversation about the importance of truck safety.
IGAP's Prof. Nonna Martinov-Bennie, who also sits on the Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AUASB), was a keynote speaker at The Clean Energy regulator's Annual Audit and Assurance Workshops on the 25th of March in Sydney and the 28th of March in Melbourne.
The International Tax Forum was held on the 26th November. Find out about its speakers and see the slides from the event.
Sharron O'Neill's interview by Richard Collins from Inside Safety about "lost time injury frequency rates" as a measure of workplace safety makes front cover.
Sharron O'Neill reports on the Governments focus on reducing costs in Worker's compensation schemes
Board appointment for Director of IGAP research centre
The new governance standards and what this means for your super
- Dr Sharron O'Neill's article "Workers' comp needs real reform, not 'red tape' fiddling" published in The Conversation on 24 March 2014.
- "Pushing it up the chain: why big business can't ignore truck safety" Dr Sharron O'Neill's article in The Conversation downloaded 2,058 times and republished in full by Workplace OHS, Safety Solutions and Ferret, 17th Â– 23rd February 2014.
- Martinov-Bennie, N., O'Neill, S. and Cheung, A. 2013 'Issues in the Assurance and Verification of WHS Information'. Jointly published by Safe Work Australia, CPA Australia and Safety Institute of Australia, August.
- "Stop relying on LTIs", National Safety Council of Australia (article referring to and linking to IGAP's "Issues in the Measurement and Reporting of Work Health and Safety Performance: A Review"), Safe-T-Bulletin, Issue 387, 19 December 2013.
- "Perceptions of Audit Quality", article written by Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie and Associate Professor Alan Kilgore, 28 November 2013, Corporate Risk & Insurance.
- Public submission to ASX Corporate Governance Council on the Review of the Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations, by Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie and Keith Reilly, 15 November 2013.
- "The leadership challenge of integrated reporting", comments from keynote speakers and panellists, by Elizabeth Fry, 12 November 2013, In the Black, CPA Australia.
- "Is the jury still out on integrated reporting?", featured interview with Dr Jeanne Ng (one of the key note speakers of IGAP/CPA Australia Annual Forum) and IGAP Director Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie, by Elizabeth Fry, 2 November 2013, In the Black, CPA Australia.
- Public submission to International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) on Consultation Draft of International <IR> Framework, by Dr Dale Tweedie and Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie, 12 July 2013.
- Profile on Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie, by Meryl Hancock, Women in Research, Macquarie University, June 2013.
- "Graduates face a job market squeeze", featured interview with Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie, by Agnes King, 22 May 2013, pp33, Australian Financial Review.
- "Existing Reporting System is not the "Holy Grail", Citi Research reflects on the work of Dr. Sharron O'Neill in "Safety Spotlight: ASX100 Companies and More" by Elaine Prior, 15 May 2013.
- "Losing faith in lost time injuries (PDF)", featured interview with Dr Sharron O'Neill, by Richard Collins, March 2013, Cover Story pp 4-5, Inside Safety.
- "Independence Guide (PDF)" published by Joint Accounting Bodies in February 2013, 4th edition. Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie's and Professor Philomena Leung's input acknowledged in the document.
- "Sustainability Report Assurance Engagements for SMEs" guidance published by CPA Australia in November 2012. Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie's input acknowledged in the document.
- "Perceptions of Audit Quality (PDF)", article written by Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie and Dr. Alan Kilgore, International Governance and Performance Research Centre (IGAP), Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, October 2012, pp16, Think and Grow Rich
- "Gathering the evidence", featured interview with Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie by Marion Fahrer, September 2012, pp30-31, Charter Magazine
- CPA Australia - In the Black Digital, "Lost in Time: Why do most accounting reports fail to deliver useful work, health and safety information?" featured interview with Dr. Sharron O'Neill, July 2012.
- NSW Parliament, "Submission to the Joint Select Committee on the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme" (prepared by Dr. Sharron O'Neill).
- Workforce NSW media mention, June 2012: "Ramp up WHS compliance checks" (Workforce NSW 1 June 2012).
- "New Centre addresses major gap", interview with Professor Nonna Martinov-Bennie May 2011, Postgraduate eNewsletter, Macquarie University
- "Roundtable canvasses issues of scepticism and reasonableness" by Amir Ghandar; featured IGAP/CPA Australia roundtable by Professor Ira Solomon April 2011, pages 54-55 In the Black
- "CPA Australia moves closer to business schools" by Rachel Lebihan; featured interviews with Nonna Martinov-Bennie (Macquarie University) and Tony Gleeson (CPA Australia) 21 February 2011, page 29, Australian Financial Review
- New Research Centre: CPA Australia sponsors our new International Governance and Performance Research Centre
- "Ethics and professional identity", podcast with Professor Sally Gunz. She is a professor of Business Law and Ethics at the School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo. Professor Gunz is IGAP visiting international professor and discusses ethical behaviour and the professional identity of accountants, and common ethical challenges and obligations in the workplace. 3 September 2013.
- "Business Case for Sustainability: Does it exist and, if yes, how do organisations manage it?", podcast with Professor Stefan Schaltegger, IGAP visiting international professor and head of the Centre for Sustainability Management at Leuphana University in Germany. Professor Schaltegger addresses the question of how sustainability can be embraced while creating economic value and looks at business cases that work as well as those that don't. 26 April 2012.
- "Goodwill and bonus banks", podcast with Professor Wolfgang Schultze from University of Augsburg in Germany. Professor Schultze is IGAP visiting international professor and discusses how performance measurement and remuneration can be linked to the long term consequences of managements' actions. 8 March 2012.
- "Interventionist Research in Management Accounting", podcast with Professor Kari Lukka, IGAP visiting international professor and the Chair of the Department of Accounting and Finance at the Turku School of Economics, Finland discusses interventionist research and its application to management accounting. 9 November 2011.
- Building a sustainable governance framework - the human factor. Alex Malley, Chief Executive Officer of CPA Australia and IGAP Executive in Residence, as he speaks as the fourth panel member at the Macquarie University Post Graduate Forum 2011 on the Importance of Corporate Governance For Business. 21 September 2011
- "Fair value Accounting in the context of the Global Financial Crisis", podcast with Professor Dan Dhaliwal, visiting international professor and world renowned accounting scholar and researcher, as he speaks with CPA Australia Senior Policy Adviser Dr. Mark Shying. 18 July 2011
Jill McKinnon Research Seminar Series
3 July 2014
Professor Jeffrey Unerman
The Rise of Integrated Reporting: Understanding Attempts to Institutionalize a New Reporting Framework
Jill McKinnon Research Seminar Series
20 November 2014
Professor Richard Laughlin
Professor Jane Broadbent
To be confirmed
- Panel/plenary speakers at academic conferences and professional forums
- Presentation of papers at conferences
- Publication of academic papers
- Conference and journal paper reviews
- Formal mentoring for Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance staff and research students
- Providing feedback on grant applications and research papers
- Journal editorial duties.