Higher Degree Research EXPO 30th October 2009
EXPO is an event which showcases the work of Higher Degree Research students in the Faculty of Business and Economics. It is a research intensive day bringing together early career researchers, academic colleagues, industry and the general public to promote and advance research.
EXPO is an ideal forum for collaborative, focused discussion on cutting-edge research.
The day provides excellent opportunities for prospective PhD students in Accounting & Corporate Governance, Applied Finance & Actuarial Studies, Marketing & Management and Economics to find out about current research topics in the Faculty. Five concurrent sessions run throughout the day, with research candidates giving a 15 minute scholarly presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions, comments and discussion.
In 2009, the Higher Degree Research Expo will be held at the Hilton Hotel in Sydney's CBD.
Keynote Speaker on "Modern Academic Research"
Dr Greg Taylor
- Founding Director of Taylor Fry Consulting Actuaries
- Holder of honorary professorial positions in Actuarial Studies at the University of Melbourne and University of New South Wales
- Officer of Order of Australia
- Gold Medal of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
Discussion Panel on "sustainability in Business and the economy"
MembersMr Tony Coleman
- Director Lonergan Edwards and Associates
- Director, Green Cross Australia
- Director, Antarctic Climate & Ecosystem CRC
- Chairman, ArkX Investment Management
- Member, International Accounting Standards Board Insurance Working Group
- Member, Executive Committee of International Actuarial Association
- Member, Australian National University Climate Change Advisory Committee
- Director, ARIES
- Graduate School of the Environment, Macquarie University
- Department of Environment and Geography, Macquarie University
- Director, Deloitte