International Governance and Performance Research Centre
Today Australian businesses work in uniquely international and cross-cultural settings, they face complex regulations, risks and challenges.
What we do
We provide research and thought leadership for business, government and professional communities in emerging governance and performance areas including:
- Reporting on performance and risk (financial / non-financial information)
- Role of materiality in information gathering and use
- Role of time orientation (short versus long term focus) in information gathering and use
- Use of reported information for ethical / operational decision-making
- Auditing, assurance and verification processes
- Business improvement and innovation
- Stewardship and accountability (structures, practices and stakeholder engagement)
- Environmental / social / organisational sustainability
- International governance (reporting) standards / business legal frameworks (including international and environmental taxation)
Performance evaluation and appraisal
- Financial performance measurement
- Non-financial performance measurement
- Relationships between financial and non-financial performance
- Performance management (operational / behavioural etc.)
- Links between performance evaluation and action (e.g. policy / strategy)
- Risk identification, assessment and control
We're committed to developing best practices in
- governance processes
- reporting regimes
- and management performance measurements.
Of course, we don’t do it all on our own. We partner with the best minds in business, government and professional communities to respond to critical and emerging business issues.
Who benefits?Contact us
- Accounting and auditing professionals
- Standard setters
- Directors and management
- Academic community
IGAP brings the best minds together to respond to critical and emerging business issues in:
- governance processes
- financial and non-financial reporting regimes, and
- performance measurement
Collaborate with us
IGAP forges robust networks, and partners with business, government and professional communities.
CPA Australia has committed to a three years sponsorship to support the IGAP Research Centre and will partner in many activities and research projects undertaken by the centre. The sponsorship signifies both parties' commitment to effective governance practices.