Macquarie Financial Risk Day 2012
Risk and Regulation - Past, Present and Future
The Centre for Financial Risk in the Faculty of Business and Economics presented its Macquarie Financial Risk Day on Friday 30th March 2012. The conference provided a platform for communication between academic researchers, financial risk managers, regulators, insurance professionals, actuaries, and market practitioners. The aim was to exchange ideas and research on the management of financial risk. The focus was on the interplay between the theory and practice of financial risk management, the exchange of information on contemporary financial risk topics, and prioritisation of research in the area.
The conference themes were:
- Financial implications of risk
- Climate change and energy/utilities risk
- Market risk
- Regulatory risk
- Actuarial Risk
Leading speakers included:
- Dr Shane Oliver - Head of Investment Strategy and Chief Economist, AMP.
- Professor Sanjiv Das - Professor of Finance, Santa Clara University's Leavey School of Business.
- Professor Robert Elliott - RBC Financial Group Professor of Finance, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary.
- Professor Rafal Weron - Professor of Economics at Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Dr Alden Toevs - Group Chief Risk Officer, Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Business Owners
- Chief Financial Officers
- Financial Risk Managers
- General Managers
- Insurance Professionals
- Market Practitioners
- Professionals – Academics, Researchers