Professor of Economics at Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Spikes in electricity prices: implications for risk management.
Rafal Weron is the associate editor of:
- Computational Statistics
- Journal of Energy Markets
- Operations Research and Decisions
- and Surveys in Mathematics and its Applications.
His research focuses on developing risk management and forecasting tools for the energy industry and computational statistics as applied to finance and insurance.
His other interests include:
- stochastic modeling
- time series
- heavy tailed distributions
- and computer simulations of highly volatile phenomena.
He is periodically engaged as a consultant to energy and financial companies and teaches graduate level courses on energy and financial markets at Wroclaw University of Technology and NTNU (Trondheim).